Vendor Registration & Payment Questions
A new accounting and procurement system, called Statewide Integrated Financial Tools (SWIFT), was implemented by the state of Minnesota on July 1, 2011. Vendors will interact with the state through the new Supplier portal, which is part of SWIFT. The Supplier portal consolidates the state’s vendor registration function and provides vendors with new options. Review the Vendor Resources in the right menu before you begin the registration process.
Every company and organization doing business with the state is considered a vendor. In order to receive or view payments or invoices, every vendor, whether current, new or prospective, will need to register online with the state of Minnesota. Vendors can also update contact and address information in the Supplier portal. To register in the new Supplier portal every vendor needs a vendor ID number.
- Current vendors who had a vendor ID number with the state prior to July 1, 2011, have been reassigned new IDs. See the Current Vendor link in the right menu.
- New vendors will be assigned a new vendor ID when they go through the registration process in the Supplier portal.
- Once you have your vendor ID, you may register in SWIFT. To register, go to the Supplier portal at http://supplier.swift.state.mn.us and click on “Vendor Registration Link.”
- When you register, you will be assigned a user ID and password. (Follow the Step-by-Step instructions in the right menu.)
- Keep your new State of Minnesota vendor number, user ID and password in a secure place where you can find it easily. You will need this information for accessing the Supplier portal.
- Read 2013 Changes for Minnesota Vendors